Given their good behavior we tried to take a few pictures of the kids in front of monuments. You might think this totally crazy, but last year we saw a man taking pictures of his cat on a leash. I think he's got the pet crazy market cornered so we might be okay.
Jackson thinking that might not be the best idea.
Shit! The Police!
*Whistling* Nothing to see here officer. We were just taking our humans out for a walk. No breaking and entering going on around here. *whistling*
Mom that was close! I was a little nervous.
* this is how you know this is just my imagination. Like Poesy would ever apologize for having fun and getting in trouble.
HOW OUR DAY REALLY WENT:
The kids were great. They worked on sit stays, showed off for tourists and only dragged us like sled dogs about 50% of the time. They passed a few dogs with minimal hysterics and handled large groups of people ignoring them (the ultimate horror and torture). All in all it was a nice day. Of course the day couldn't be complete without a few snafus.
1) Poe tried to jump into the duck pond
2) Poe jumped up on a 5 ft retaining wall and fell off the other side (luckily the ground was only 6 inches down on the other side)
3) Jackson tried to jump on the same wall but didn't have enough slack in the leash so he was dangling, holding on to the wall with his little front legs while I tried to hold up his rump and ease him down to the ground
4) Poe tried to chase some gulls
5) Poe tried to jump into the duck pond.......................................again.
So all in all, this trip was a great success after our last trip. There weren't any police watching us on this trip (thank goodness- the day could have matched my imagination after all), but that wasn't true on our last trip into the city. Poe and Jackson decided to play bratty siblings in front of the White House and in front of two police officers. They tangled the leashes around my legs and rolled on the ground like two horny squirrels. I'm yelling at my husband for help but he was too busy taking pictures (bastard). The two police officers stayed in their nice warm car and laughed hysterically at the poor redhead hog tied on the White House Lawn. Serve and Protect my ass.
So yeah, after that trip, I'll count today a victory.