Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Year in Review

With 2010 over and 2011 all shiny and new I reflect back on the wonderful year I had with my collie crew. Because I'm a horrible blogger you missed out on the misadventures of 2010. So here is the duo's year in review! You might want to get a cup of coffee and settle in for the long haul.

January
- Big trip to North Carolina to see best friend and run in a flyball tournament!
- Poe earned her FDCh-G (2,500 points)



February
- Snow, Snow Snow! We had 2 blizzards in a week, both storms dumped over 2 feet .
- Jackson's Gotcha Day
- A little flyball :)
- Not enough disc :(

Hello?? Anyone out there?




My big brother is so MEAN! I'm just a little girl!

She totally deserved it. she's a brat


Alabama Dog is SICK of Snow

March
All about Poe
- Lots of flyball!
- No Snow! Yay!
- No disc! Boo!


Photos by my ever so talented best friend :)

April
All about Jackson
- Disc season started! Jackson finally gets to play! Woohoo!
- Did a few demos, including the March for the Animals in Baltimore.
- Poe ended up in the Baltimore Sun's Weekend in Photos slideshow!


Hey look, no snow on the ground!


 May
- Lots of competing between disc and flyball
- Back down to North Carolina for disc dog qualifier
- Jackson wins Novice Open Division
- Poe comes in 3rd for Novice Sport Division?!
- More disc competitions and demos
- Flyball! Poe's happy
- Poe earned her FM!!!! (5,000 points)
All this for me?*

* Jackson suffers for poor self-esteem

My first disc award!


Iz earned another title?! Go me :) I rock*

*Poe does not suffer from poor self-esteem

June
- Setsail is super brave and takes both dogs to a 2 day tournament with camping.
- Jackson rocked the house and brought home a whole car full of hardware. Even Poe won a ribbon :)
- Jackson, along with his buddy Steele, win Baltimore's Best Singing Dog contest :)
- Poe once again ends up in the Baltimore Sun's slideshow lol.
- Jackson starts a canine musical freestyle class so he can sing and dance!
- Jackson and Poe compete at the NE Regional Qualifier.
- Jackson was awesome, winning both Novice Open and Sport divisions
- Poe, not so much.


This is my first camping trip. Do I like camping?

Yeah, I like camping! But less disc, more flyball!


Haha! This is me embarrassing you!

July
- Poe beats the heat at the neighborhood beach.
- Poe's gotcha day!!!!
- And we end the month with flyball :)
Beginning to think she is part otter


August
- Pack up the collie kids and head to New York for a competition
- More camping, this time with Poe's best border collie friend, Sky :)
*sigh* No pictures because mom is a lazy tool *sigh*
September
- Flyball = happy Poe
- Disc = happy Jack
- Travel = Tired Setsail
- Another camping trip with lots of disc dog friends :)
- Went to Chattanooga, TN to watch the World Disc Dog Finals
- Jackson won Novice Open at the Last chance qualifier in TN



Why are there no pictures of me playing....hum?

The kids hanging out in their swanky hotel room in TN

October
- Heading with our team to Indianapolis, IN for Can-Am
- Largest flyball tournament ever with 3 days of racing
- Setsail realizes she is too old to drive overnight and race in the morning


Holy Hell that was a long drive!


I got my ball. I is proud of myself



November
- Poe earned her FMX (10,000 points)
- No disc for Jackson but here he his with his October ribbons


So what you're saying is that stay doesn't mean creeping up behind you?

Mother, really, a pile of leaves as a prop? So old school.


The old man takes a much deserved break until 2011

December
- Happy Holidays!
- No disc, no flyball, no traveling
- *deep breath*

It was an awesome year. Time to rest up for 2011

The collie crew gave me an amazing year:
3 Flyball titles for Poe
3 Novice Open wins for Jackson
8 States with competitions in MD, VA, PA, DE, NY, NC, IN, TN
12 months of memories and good times



And here is your medal for making it this far :)



Happy New Year!!! May 2011 be wonderful for you and those you hold dear.
2011....Bring it On.....I'm ready


1 comment:

  1. Looks like everybody had a great time!
    Good luck in 2011!
    Peace,
    Ron
    http://pvybe.com

    ReplyDelete